Thursday, January 06, 2011

A little of this and that

I have been sitting here for a while trying to think of something to blog about. Why is it that when I want to blog I can't think of an important thing to say? Or, when I sit down for a little blogging time someone in my family needs something. It's always the teenager. He just asked me for the stapler. It is in the same place it has been for 5 years(ish).

I guess I can ramble a bit. Let's see.

**School is back in session! Can I get a praise and a glory? I love my kids, don't get me wrong but when they are in school I get so much done. Like, today, I went to the movies with my husband. Don't judge...the laundry, dishes and dusting can wait.

**Report cards came home today for the teenager and he made all A's and B's! I am so proud of him. He works really hard balancing his school work and sports. There are nights when he stays up until midnight doing homework. Then up and bright eyed and bushy tailed (well, that might be over-doing it) ready to go again. He is a great kid and I am proud to be his mama.

**Macy gets her report card tomorrow and I know she will have great grades as well. She LOVES homework. I'm sure that won't last much longer but for now I love it. I know my time is coming, especially when she gets older, when she will dread it. Like, next year when we have to do a science fair project. Man, can I tell you how much I hate that. I think they are stupid. But, that's a whole 'nother story. Hey, I wonder if I could use one of Reid's old ones. I am pretty sure they are in the garage.

**Our house is still on the market. {{sigh}} We are still not sure of God's plan for us but we are hopeful that things will work out.

**I am sitting here listening to my son and hubby laugh about this commerical. They love it. It just came on and we all looked at each other and cracked up. For some reason, I can't remember how to get YouTube to work on my blog....ugh!!! So, click on it if you want a chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA

**I finally picked a word for 2011! I know....its a shocker! I don't think I have ever had one. I was trying to remember if I did last year. I guess I didn't since it didn't make much of an impression. haha! So, hold on to your hats. I know you are so excited...{{insert sarcasm here}}...all my 10 followers. My word is DREAM. I will elaborate more on that later.

**I am working on my scriptures for this year. I am also following Beth Moore's scripture team. We are to pick two verses a month..on the 1st and the 15. I am so excited to get started. I have done this since 2009 and have loved it. Now, don't get me wrong, there are months when I don't do as good as I would like. But, thank goodness for grace...and new mercies every morning! So, my verse for Jan 1-15th is....



"Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23
**Oh, and one last thing. I am in the market for a new bloggy facelift. If anyone knows of anyone who does that for a good price, please let me know. I have been looking around but not sure of who to use. There are a lot of good ones out there in bloggy land but some are a little out of my price range. Who knows, maybe I can teach myself how to do it....

5 comments:

Lacie said...

Ramble on girl~

It makes me feel that I am there rambling along with ya (with a couple of Amen, Sister!)

I need to get in on the scripture thing with Beth. Do I just get on some website to sign up?

What movie did ya see. We went and watched True Grit. I closed my eyes and years a couple of times, but it was wonderful to go out with my adorable husband!

Lynn said...

I love it when you think you don't have anything to say and then fill in with a little of this and that! That's what I like. As always, so proud of the kids and their grades. They are super! Love you all....and love the word of the year..dream. It's a good one. Mine is narrowed down to two. Dwell and acceptance. Which should I go with?

Holly said...

I always enjoy your rambles Heather! Anyway, there are no hard or fast rules when it comes to blogging--that's the fun of it.

We'll have to test each other on our verses. I really want to do better at that this year.

You've got some pretty special--and SMART--kids!

Hooray for your word. Dream is perfect. Now I need to narrow mine down. Oh the pressure!

Yeah, which movie did y'all see? My guess is Little Fockers. Do tell...

Heather's House said...

Lacie...look on Hollys blog. She posted a link to it. She is way more blog savy. I can't even figure out how to get a video up. But, have no fear...I WILL FIGURE IT OUT! Dream it. ha! We went to see Little Fockers and it was ok. I don't recommend paying full price for it. ;)

Mom...those are both great words. I know you will pick a great one...I am no help. I barely could think of mine. haha! But, if you are asking, I really love the word Dwell. ;)

Holly..yes, you were right about the movie. ;) You know me well. haha I am glad you liked True Grit. Reid saw it while Macy and I saw Yogi Bear 3D. He said it was really good. Now, Yogi Bear...well, I suggest if you go see it you see it in 3D. It makes it more interesting. haha And, yes, we will have a quiz every Wed. on our verses!! :)

Love you girls!!!

Kim said...

That is Aubrey's favorite verse! I'm so excited that we are doing the Scripture Challenge again. Holly's links ROCK - I should tell her that! hahaha

Dream... can't wait for you to expand.

Ramble, schamble... You never ever ramble! Silly goose!

So proud of Reid's grades. He is a great kid and setting a high standard for the others. Know Macy will do great too.

Love you!