Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Thankful Thoughts of the Day

Today the weather is so so GROSS....it has been raining all day and is so cold. (Well, cold for Houston) We have had the fireplace on all day and are as cozy as little bedbugs!! (Or whatever the expression!!) That is one of many of the things I love about being a stay at home mom....I love cold wintery days when I can just "be" with my kids! I love snuggling in the chair and watching Barney or whatever their choice of torture is for me...ha ha. I am so blessed that I get to stay home although some days when we are flat broke I wonder why and then I look at my kids and know that home is where I need to be. I absolutely love it so that leads me to my "Thankful thoughts of the day"......

Reasons why I love being a stay-at-home mommy.....
**I get to scrapbook at naptime. :)
**I can be goofy and silly with them
**Snuggles, hugs and kisses at anytime
**I can watch my soaps!! :)
**The simple pleasures of watching them grow
**I feel like I can take care of my family better
**Being there for all their "firsts"
**I'm always near
**I can go to Reid's school and be the mom helper
**I can go to the mall whenever......Praise God!! :)
**I can teach, love, support and encourage
**My house stays clean...YEAH, RIGHT!! Just thought that sounded good
**Childcare is too costly
**We get to go to Ladies bible class and then to Chick-fil-A for lunch with the girls!
**Sometimes I get to nap with Macy
**I can play all day long if I choose
**I've learned a lot about myself
**I get to run on the treadmill whenever I want
**I can stay caught up on the laundry...on most days
**I get to go on fieldtrips with the Reidster
**I get to go to holiday parties at Reids school
**I get to discipline them
**I get to watch Oprah.
**We get to go to the library for story time
**Summers at the pool
**Play groups
**Macy and I sing church songs all day...her favorite is "March in the Infantry" And yes, we march all over the house!
Sure, the days can be SO long.....but the rewards for me are GREAT!!

No comments: