Monday, February 21, 2005

Being a Mary....

This weekend I went to a Ladies retreat with my church. WOW!! Is all I can say. It was definitely the weekend I needed. The title was "Being a Mary in a Martha World" and it was so good. Our speaker was Cassandra Martin from The Champions church. She really is a great speaker! I really related to it because I tend to be more like Martha. I worry about the cooking, cleaning, laundry, phone calls I need to make, bills to pay....Etc. When all God wants me to do is to sit at His feet. I never really thought about just sitting at His feet and to learning to be more like Him. It seems like the days get busy and I forget about that....the most important thing. One of the verses we read was Psalm 46:10...."Be still and know that I am God." I mean, I want that more than anything, I want to sit at His feet and be still and know that he loves me so much and wants me to hear his Word and meet Him there daily. Our quiet time in the Word is so important to Him.

I love the story..... Luke 10:38-42:

"As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lords feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Jesus wants us to have a heart that looks like His and Mary made a choice to listen so that her heart would be like His.

Way to go Mary....ha ha Anyway, I just had to share that... I know that story has been told so many times and I'm sorry but it really hit home this time. I guess because we do all tend to get busy with the hustle and bustle of life and all the preparations that have to be made and we forget who loves us more than anything and who could care less if our kitchen sink is sparkling clean...He wants us to be like Mary and sit at his feet.....

No comments: