Friday, July 13, 2007

Go Blue Crew!



My official training for the 2008 Houston 1/2 Marathon starts tomorrow! I am really excited about it. The Blue Crew will take off in the morning at 6am for a easy 3 mile run. Did I just say an easy 3 miles? Oh, my. I am a little nervous because I haven't been at it like I had been a few months ago. Life just happens and some things take the back burner. Like my running. It always seems to be the mothers things that take a back burner...but that's for another post! HA

I have never been a runner. And what possessed me to start, I'll never know. But, I'm glad that I did because not only did I learn to be more disciplined I have also met some AWESOME friends. :) We always have coffee after our morning runs. Sometimes when we feel like we just can't run another mile we think of the cup of coffee waiting for us at the local coffee shop. But above all I feel better when I run. I feel healthier when I run. I feel like I can conquer the world when I run. My days are better when I run. I know now what that runners high is that everyone talks about. I used to roll my eyes (where no one could see me) but now I'm like....YES...I know that feeling. And then when you have those new running shoes. Oh, I love it. HA I think buying new running clothes is one of the perks! :) Its a girl thing. And yes, I have a pink running skirt......

10 comments:

Lynn said...

WOW I can't believe you are already gearing up for that again! I am so proud and so envious. I would give anything (well almost) to be able to run again. Maybe if someone chased me. Like with a butcher knife or a gun. Then I would run. For now I'll visualize you running for me. I am going to have to get me some running shoes to sit in. LOVE YOU!

Kedra said...

You are brave! I will be sitting on the sidelines with your mom cheering you on!! Good for you!
I will say a prayer for you in the morning when I am up with the baby~ Ha!

Ashley said...

RUN FOREST RUN.

I'm going to run with you next year!

This year I might come and when you run past..I'll shoot you with a water gun. ha!

Lynn said...

I am up with a baby too like Kedra except I'm in Abilene! I am the 5 AM feeding for now. Thinking of you as you must be stretching now and looking all hot in that pink running skirt and new tennies! Are they white on white? LOL.

Holly said...

Thanks for letting me tag along with y'all to the coffee shop this morning. That was a lot of fun!!
I'm so glad the season has started too--it's going to be fantastic--and sweaty!

Lacie said...

Coffee...I want to go get coffee with yall! Ok- Really, How in the World do you drink coffee after you run?

Go Heather! I will just pretend we are running together on those LONG Saturday runs!

Hollie Reese said...

I want to run with you!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Good luck on your training. I miss Houston, I grew up in Katy. I don't miss those humid summers thought. ;-}

Mamaof3 said...

Good luck! You'll do great! Maria tried talking me into signing up, but I'm still not budging! :) Maybe I'll watch you girls this year!

Giggi said...

Go Heather! You're so impressive! I'm proud to be your aunt, even tho I doubt if I'll ever experience the runners high! Maybe I'll make it back to the gym one of these days!