Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Hottest Coolest Time in Texas

ok...it's 11:15 pm on Saturday night and are my kids sleeping???? NO THEY ARE NOT!! They are however.....in bed. I hear a lot of flipping and talking but no sleeping. This summer has been a crazy one so all of our schedules are off. We just got back from our annual Schlitterbahn trip with the Sab's. It was another fun time with family. The four of us went a day early so we could get two full days of fun.....is waiting in line for an hour really fun??? Anyway, the first night I got food poisoning (or something) :) I can tell you that I won't be eating at Applebee's any time soon. Thankfully, I felt better the next morning and we were off to the park. We stood in line for the river ride for about an hour (after standing in line for a lifejacket and kiddy toob for Macy) and when we finally got to the front of the line Macy had a screaming fit....legs straight and NOT getting into the toob that I stood in line for 15 minutes to get...well we made her get in and she cried all the way down. The river ride is not a scary ride...it's really relaxing but she didn't think so. There is a point in the ride that you can go one way to the Comal River and the other way to get out and yes, you guessed it...the girls had to get out and the boys got to finish the ride. :) So, the rest of our trip Troy and I took turns with her and played in the kiddy part. I was glad when it was my turn to go with Reid to the FUN rides!! We had a great time and look forward to going back again next year.

*******

Before we went to Schlitterbahn we had a fun weekend at Mom and Dad's for the 4th. I wrote that we were going to Rosanky to watch the fireworks but we decided to stay in the 'ville to watch...the were really good. We all had fun...we sat on the tailgates of Old Blue and BA's truck. Macy did not like the fireworks but loved the snowcone!! :) Reid loved the fireworks and didn't finish his snowcone....go figure. Mom had a BBQ at her house and we did a lot of swimming and eating! Oh, my gosh we ate ALL day!! One of Reid's favorite things was getting to ride Terry's golf cart all over D. River! We had a blast and hope to make the 4th party and annual thing!!

No comments: