Friday, January 07, 2005

TGIF!!

I don't know why this is so hard for me but for some reason everytime I try to sit down and write, I have a major brain fart. What's wrong with me?? Everyone else has posts that can change ones life and mine....well..... :) Can you tell I'm feeling sorry for myself...ha ha

I am so glad that today is Friday!! Who isn't, right?? I am hoping the kids will sleep in a little tomorrow! Today was good.....guess what I found out I could do?? I can drive AND dress a barbie at the same time.....pretty talented, huh?? hee hee!! I always said I would never give in when the kids were screaming in the car. I said that they would just have to deal with it on their own, but today....I gave in!! Macy was crying in the back saying that her barbie was naked and she was cold....how could you ignore that?? I used to love barbies, too and you don't want them to be cold, right??? I realized after being a mom that all those things you said that you would never do with your own children come back and bite you in the butt! :)

Reid is so glad that it is the weekend. He has this little girl in his class that likes him and he is not impressed!! He has been crying at night saying he doesn't want to go to school. Finally he told me that a little girl liked him and he didn't like her and he didn't want to tell her that!! :) It's already starting and he's only 8!! He is my little worry wart.....he worries about what might happen next week!! It's so sweet though because he has been wanting me to pray for him everynight before he goes to bed. That is a first for him...and a great bonding experience for us!! I have always prayed with him at night but I have always done the praying. Now he will pray with me. It so sweet and brings me to tears some nights!! He has always been so shy that he won't even pray at the dinner table. He would die if he knew I was writing this so.....shhhhhh!! Just please pray for his tender heart and pray for us that we, as parent, will know what to say to make is worries a little better!

I am so proud of both my kids and I worry about not being a good mommy...look, there I go worring! He's a chip off the ole block!

Troy is off this weekend and I am so glad. It gets so hard sometimes being a stay at home mom. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT, but today was crazy and I am just glad that we have the weekend to be a family. It is a blessing that I get to stay home but sometimes I feel like if I don't get out and go to the mall or Target I will go crazy!! :)

Well, tomorrow we are going to take out xmas light down on the outside....doesn't that sound fun!! I hope it doesn't rain!


No comments: