Thursday, November 19, 2009

sick day, clean day

As I look around my house I realize I shouldn't be sitting here on the computer. I should be up cleaning..but, I'm not. I should be doing something productive. But I'm not. I should be at work. But, I'm not. It's one of those gloomy, cold days where you don't want to get out of the house or out of your jammies. It makes you want to turn on the fireplace and watch a Lifetime movie. Then you remember where you live and know that later the temperature will be 70 degrees. So, no fireplace for you. Oh, the lovely Houston weather.


Just FYI, I did have to get out to take Rooster to school but that's all I've done today. Oh, and stop by store to get a thermometer. LuLu is home sick today. She ran to our bed last night about 4 in the morning and she was burning up. I searched all over the house for that dang thermometer and couldn't find it anywhere. It is never where you need it to be. So, now we are home and as much as I hate to see her home sick I love having some time just with her. I love that she still needs me. I love that she is still my shadow. I love it that she still runs down the hall and jumps in our bed at night. Right now she is all snuggled down watching the Disney channel with a empty paper towel roll over her eye. She said she is a sick pirate. Very funny. It makes me want to freeze time. Just for a bit.





So, back to my house and all its problems. :) Let's face it, I am no June Cleaver. I want to be but fear I will never be a good housekeeper. What in the world?? How can my house go from "so clean you could eat off the floor" to "wait, that dropped, don't put it in your mouth?" Seriously, how do people do it? How do others NOT have the dreaded "piles" all over? Where is all their laundry? Where is the sink full of dishes? You mop once a week? WHAT? And your bed is made everyday? Seriously? There are many times I just drop into friends houses and it looks awesome. I would be petrified if someone just dropped in today. Heaven help me!


Well, I guess today you know what I will be doing along with taking care of my sick one. Anyone up for helping a worn out and tired Mom?

3 comments:

Holly said...

I'm sorry she's sick and had such a high fever. I know that's scary! I hope she's feeling better very soon!!

How are you friend?

Don't worry about the house. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was closer to you to help you. Things are not so bad when you share them. Sorry Macy has been sick. Hope she is much better by now. You and your family must stay well through Thanksgiving. Congratulations to the Rooster on being selected to be on the A team. Can't wait to see you next week. Love you.

Lynn said...

You come from a long family history of making "piles" of stuff. Sorry for the curse! I am sure your house is beautiful....it doesn't have to be perfect. So don't worry about that. Life is too short. LOVE YOU.