Sunday, January 06, 2008

Fun and crazy times



I don't know about you guys but I am exhausted. I need a holiday from my holiday. Now, don't get me wrong. We had a blast at Christmas. We stayed with Mom and Dad for a whole week. And while we had fun I'm sure they were ready to get rid of us! HA! We love being home in the 'ville and having the kids get to run outside without me having to be there the whole time. Macy always says, "Mom, I'm going outside....I can because we are at Neena's." Its sad that even a 5 year old knows that she can't play outside by herself in the big city. We had so much fun with Avery and Jaxon on their first Christmas. It was fun to watch them and their Santa stuff. It is so much fun to have cousins.


We also had Chrismas at my sweet sister-in-laws house. She lives way out in the country. I mean she has acres and acres. So of course they have fun things like 4 wheelers that my kids think are the best thing EVER! And yes, they are fun. I have to pray while they are gone though. Those things make me nervous. But I know how much fun they have on them. Macy went out with Mindy and rode around in the freezing cold. Thy don't care if its cold they just like being outside. We had fun eating, laughing, eating, playing games, and opening white elephant presents. That's always a riot!



We finally took down all our Christmas stuff. Even with our tree down we are still watching The Grinch. Its one of Macy's favorite. I do love my tree. I am a little sad its gone. I love my Christmas decorations. I'm sad they are gone. I love my Chrismas dishes....didn't even get them out this year. I was really sad about that. So, now that all is down and there is no sign of Christmas we are "winter cleaning" and it feels good. We have thrown out stuff like you wouldn't believe. We even threw out some Reid's old toys. I am REALLY sad about that.



I know it has been a while since I have last posted. Of course, one of my goals this year was to be better about blogging so that when I am old and gray I will remember things. HA! Wait...I am already starting to forget things. yikes... Anyway, just wanted you to know I am still here, still blogging and still trying to catch up after all the holiday rush. Here's to 2008!












9 comments:

Kim said...

glad you are back in blogville! missed hearing about your sweet kids!
love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a great time, but I am happier that you are back in H-town!!! Sorry I can't run with ya, but I will be there in thought! (every step!)

maria said...

its so good to see your new post. I just now got around to doing mine too! I'm so glad that you guys had fun in Smithville. Isn't it funny how different everything is in a small town? Kinda takes you back to a different time, doesn't it? Anyway, I'm glad you and yours are back and looking forward to many fun times together!
Love ya!

jody said...

Well...finally you blogged!! And that is from your auntie who doesn't even have a blog! hahahaha...I am missing all of you, and I am a little sad that I start back to school tomorrow. The moms are all excited to send us their children, I know, but my tree is STILL UP and I need a few more days. Love you Sabs...jojo

Ashley said...

Love the La Cabana picture with the red cup. ha ha ha! I have two of those cups here at my house.ha!

We did have fun over the holidays and still can't believe they are already over...AND that its 2008!!

My baby is almost 1. boo hoo.

Lynn said...

YEAH! Glad you had a minute to blog. Now, I need to. I am just suffering from blogareah. Or whatever. I can't seem to think of anything. We still miss you guys. Love you bunches.

Holly said...

Hooray Heather is back!! You've been missed in Blogville for sure. Love the picture of you too!

Lacie said...

Cheers to you too girl! Welcome back! Love reading the update! Please, Please keep blogging! That is how I know how your sweet family is doing!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you back in blogville. I think you are one sweet mother. I'm anxious to hear about your marathon. Good luck to you. Love you bunches.