Friday, January 27, 2006

IT'S FRIDAY!! :)

Babies Don't Keep

Cleaning and scrubbing
can wait till tomorrow,
for babies grow up
we've learned to our sorrow.

So quiet down, cobwebs,
dust, go to sleep...
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep


My mom used to have that poem hanging on the wall when we were growing up. I never really understood it until I had kids of my own. Boy, is it true. My kids are growing up so fast and its so scary. I was listening to Macy and Reid talk to each other in the car tonight and I couldn't believe that they were old enough to be carrying on such an adult conversation! HA... well, maybe not adult.......

Reid: "Macy, don't sing. You don't even know the words."
Macy: "Yes, I do Bubba....are you in charge?" "Mom can I take my shoes off?"
Reid: "No, Macy...mom said not now."
Macy: "I was telling Momma...I said are you in charge?"

********************************************

Today was a great day! Reid got his test results back on a practice reading TAKS test...he made a 97!!!!!! I am so proud of him. He has really been working hard on his homework and trying to remember all the strategies that he has learned. He was so proud of himself, too.....When I picked him up from school he was beaming. We had to go celebrate with a special snack. He chose the conveinent store down the street....go figure. Cheap for me...a blue icee and a bag of mustard pretzels. YUMMY Now let's pray that the real test that is in Feb. will be as successful! I know it will be. Keep Reid in your prayers because for those that know him knows he is a worry wart (like his mama). He already has hives we don't need any other stress related skin irritations.

Well, its late and I have to still go fold some clothes. Reid informed me that all his jerseys were dirty and he had nothing to wear. Forget wearing normal clothes...the boy wears jerseys all week. He lays one out everynight so he will know exactly which one he will wear to school the next day. He is mister orzanized! And Macy informed me that her sparkly shirt was wet in the "washer thing" and she wants to wear it tomorrow.....she wears it every other day. There are nights when she sleeps in it. I'm too tired to argue.

Nighty-Night








1 comment:

Hollie Reese said...

Too funny! I am sure Reid will do just great on the TAKS! If only every kiddo was like him!
I miss those guys! We need to get together soon!! We will be in Houston in March!