Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Keep the Faith

I don't consider myself a great writer.  Not even a good writer.  I am often amazed when I read other blogs, letters, emails or even tweets and the writers words flow so well together.  I have all these ideas and words floating around in my head and they usually don't make it to any type of page.  Usually, I do all my best "writing" in the shower.  The funny thing is, that is where most my wonderful ideas, prayers and conversations happen. 
Pretty sad.  I know. 

But, if it makes you feel better about me, I don't answer myself. 

Most times.





Anyway, I have had this blog floating around in my head all day.  I have been thinking of my sweet Nana all day long.  She has finally completed her radiation treatment for breast cancer.  Can I get a PRAISE and a GLORY!  Oh, yes!!  This has been such a hard time for her.  She has been such a trooper through this whole ordeal.  I have no idea how I would handle such a situation and once again she has handled it with grace and most of all she still has that glow.  I think the glow is much more than she realizes.  The glow that touches all she meets.  The glow that happens the minute that she walks in the room.  The glow that only comes from THE ONE.  The glow has always been in her. 

Always. 




I am thankful for her glow, for her love and mostly for her christian example of what a godly woman should look like.  She has a face of faith, don't you think?  I love that they sign a survivor tree... What an accomplishment!  I know at MD Anderson, they ring a bell.  A bell, a tree...its all good. :)  Most of all, it signifies the end. 

See ya later cancer.



Here are Mom and Nana at the radiation "party".  I mean look at those two...they are just too precious for words.  Mom...you are an angel and we are so thankful for all you do!  You are such a wonderful mom, caregiver and friend.  What a blessing you are to everyone!  Love you so....to the moon and back!



I love that all the doctor and nurses celebrate the special time...what a blessing.   Don't you just love the party hats.  It makes me so happy that it is over for her and now we can all just look to the future.  Love you Nana...a bushel and a peck!


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11


********************************

On a much different note.  Today it's cold. 

Again.

And, again, the city of Houston is going crazy.  They are even thinking about cancelling school tomorrow?

My kids are doing a snow dance as I type.

I am not.


p.s.  Spell check isn't working.  I'm not promising there isn't a typo or two.  Or three.




4 comments:

Lynn said...

"What a great post!", the mom said, with tears rolling down her face. "I am so proud of my precious daughter. She has talents galore. "

It's a great writing piece, Heather! I give you a 100 and you don't have to copy it over. I love you and I can't wait to show Nana when she gets up in the morning. We've had a great day! Yes, we are glad it's over and hope that God's plan to heal Nana is complete. Keep praying.....and I know you do. Love you...

Holly said...

Awww...this was beautiful Heather! I'm so happy your sweet Nana has finished her treatments and got to sign that wall! You are right, she has such a special glow and sparkle.

Kim said...

The glow!!! SO true! And you are a much better author than you think! :) So glad Nana is on the survivor tree! Much praise and glory!!!

Tammy Parker said...

It's true. Nana has always had a glow. I guess it's contagious because that same glow is evident on your mom's face, and yours.

Celebrating with you all. Loving you all! <3