Friday, November 19, 2010

Five for Friday

1. I am so ready for CHRISTmas music! I set my ringer to Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer and when it rings I don't want to pick it up. I find myself singing along, tapping my foot and feeling the spirit of the season...then I miss my call. I love this time of year!


2. Today we all had an answered prayer! My mom went in for a stint because of some blockage and thankfully there was none! YIPEE! She thought she was going to have to stay overnight...even made a run (well, not a run...she does have heart issues) to get a new nightgown and robe. Now, she can wear it in the comfort of her own home! We are so thankful!

3. Reid has started basketball. His games will start Dec. 1st. We are excited about basketball season. I think it is his favorite sport.....but that's just me. I'm sure he would say that baseball and basketball run a close race for favorite. The only thing I hate about school sports is the practices after school. He doesn't even get home until 6:30 and because of the silly time change its dark outside. I miss the days when he would come from school and ride his bike until dark. I think he misses it too!

4. Troy finally has 2 days off...Saturday and Sunday. I am so glad. He has worked for 2 months straight with only 3 days off. He is ready for a relaxing weekend. So am I!

5. Today Macy and I participated in her schools Diabetes walk. We walked 3 miles this morning. It was so much fun. The weather was great and it is so cool to walk with all the kids around the neighborhood in their school shirts. Its like a walking rainbow. Macy's class is lime green....the boys in her class are just glad they didn't get hot pink. ha!

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm glad you are on a bloggy streak! Keep 'em coming!

I'm sooooo glad to hear your mom's procedure went well and she didn't need a stent after all (?) Will they need to do anything else or just monitor? That's funny about the nightgown--oh well, at least she can enjoy it at home.

That's great about you and Macy doing the March of Dimes walk--how fun--and colorful!

Basketball season will be a blast I'm sure--at least you're not washing knee pads and mouth pieces any more--haha. :)

Love ya!