Friday, October 22, 2010

The Friday blues

I made a really big mistake today. I went to my new...well, was mine....house that is no longer mine. Does that make sense? I had to go turn in my cancellation papers to get some of our earnest money back. I was ok until I thought it was a good idea to drive by the house and see how it looked. I love the brick, the stone...I did pretty good, if I do say so myself. ;) Then, I thought it would be a good idea to go inside and see what all my "stuff" looked like. I mean I did pick it out. Well, it wasn't a good idea. I mean, don't get me wrong....it looks beautiful. The granite, tile and cabinets are all in. I heart my kitchen...it has an island.....but, now someone else can enjoy my colors, my sink, my tile, my fireplace, my pretty garden tub.... (((sigh))) I thought I was doing ok until Troy called to see how my day was going and I started to cry. It was that ugly cry. You know the cry where your nose starts running and you have no tissue so you have to use your shirt. Yes, that was me. I'm sure he thought I had lost my marbles. But, the sweet hubby that he is, he reassured me that everything was going to be ok and things would work out and we were blessed no matter what. I love that man!

I just have to keep thinking that God has other plans for my family. I have no idea what that is and I can't wait to find out. There are days where I need clarity on that and I think today is one of those days.

2 comments:

Giggi said...

I'm so sorry Hezzy. That's so hard. I think there is definitely a better plan on the horizon! Maybe the structure wasn't good, or maybe there is an even better house in your future. Who knows. I do know God loves us, and one day we'll all have mansions close to each other. This crud is all just a vapor. sigh..... Love you!

Lacie said...

sigh. I'm so sorry girl.

I'm sure you did do a wonderful job picking out the items for the house, it just means you will do AWSOME with another house...

We do not store up treasures on this earth sweet friend.

God is ever so faithful...AMEN!