Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More ramblings. Seriously??

It seems like all my blogs are snippits or ramblings. It's easier that way. I get all my info down all in one swoop. Since I don't blog as often as I should or do, I can cover all my bases. Don't know why I thought you needed to know that...but....there, now you do.

I just realized that Reid needs his sports physical....like yesterday. So, I made an appointment for tomorrow. On his 14th birthday to get a physical. Is that wrong? I mean he might have to *cough*. But, don't tell him that, He will freak. He's a freaker like his mom. (Is freaker even a word?) Anyway, I can't believe he is going to be 14. I feel old today.

We still haven't done the school shoe shopping thing....I am holding off as long as I can. Oh, the stress.

House still hasn't sold.

Frustrated doesn't even begin to cut it. But I still have faith that God is in control and he will provide.

My niece Kristen is here visiting us and we are having a blast. We have a lot of things planned. Of course shopping is one of those things. YIPEE! I think today we are going to Splash*Town. :)

Last night we had our annual church lock in for the youth group. I helped out and took Macy and Kristen with me. They had so much fun. Macy was up way too late. Well, we all were for that matter. Can you say tired and crazy? It was a blast and we have such as awesome group of kids in our group. I feel really blessed for Reid to be a part of such a wonderful group of kids. Oh, and our youth minister....AWESOME guy! He is wonderful with the kids and they all look up to him so much. And his lessons ROCK! Blessed! Reid has had a slow go of getting involved because he is so shy. But this year he seems to be opening up more and participating more. It makes me happy because I think that is such an important time for these kids. Also, to have christian friends to help keep you accountable is a wonderful thing. I mean I'm not saying they are all perfect but at least they are raised the same way and are striving for the same goal. Do I make ANY sense what so ever? Any who, there were a lot of dodge ball games, balloon popping games, singing, eating, chasing each other, talking, wonderful lessons, laughing and the all famous Romans and Christians...which is really just hide and seek and its their fav...I mean how many times do you get to run through the auditorium, in the pitch dark, running like crazy people and getting to hide under the communion table? I mean seriously. Fun times!

Alright....off to start my day!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6-7

3 comments:

Holly said...

Glad you're having fun with your neice! Can't wait to hear about it all soon (I hope :))

I'm sure the house thing is terribly frustrating but I'm impressed with your attitude. Stay stong!!

Lynn said...

Lawsy! I'm tired just reading that. Glad you are having a great time with Kristen....the lock in sounds like a fun time..I am so grateful that you have such a special church family. Still praying for a sale on the house...you sure are a brave girl! You sure don't take after your mom! I love you.

Lynn said...

Hope my babies are getting excited about school....I pray they will have a wonderful year full of learning educational things and spiritual! LOVE YOU ALL