Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ok..we are evacuating. I wasn't so scared of "Gus" but "Ike"....he scares me. It is really going to hit close to home and I'd rather not be here. I think we are heading home. Of course, Mom is really excited. The kids are super excited. They cancelled school on Thursday and Friday so that in itself is fun for them. Then to throw in a road trip to Neena and Papaw's...well that is just icing on the cake.

The only thing I am worried about is the stinkin' traffic. In 2005 when we left for Rita the traffic was horrible. I had never seen anything like it. It was so bad I can't even imagine getting in something like that again. We are thinking about leaving at 2 in the morning but I am scared everyone has that same idea.

I do know one thing. I will take my scrapbooks, pictures, pic CDs...oh yeah and my kids. ha ha! We will look silly going down the road with our car piled up with our kids and a dog and his crate! HA HA I have flash backs of National Lampoons Vacation....without Aunt Edna! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget your running shoes...meet you in San Marcos! :O) Keep in touch and be careful. Not sure when we are leaving yet though! Love ya!

Lynn said...

HURRY up. The porch light is on. Love you guys.