Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blackberry pie??



I know..we are goofs. Troy couldn't believe I was having Macy take a picture of us holding blackberries. But, I am so proud of my blackberry bush. About a year ago, I took a couple of little bitty sprouts from my Dad's blackberry bush and brought them home to plant. Well, the sprouts sat in the car, sat in the garage, sat outside and then a few days later....planted. I thought that thing would never make it. Especially when we got Tucker, our crazy black lab. I just knew he would dig it up or eat it. Even thought it has thorns on it...nothing stops my crazy dog! Also, I am not well known for having a "green thumb". Now, my sweet mother-in-law, now she has a "green thumb". Her back yard is beautiful! So, two years later, that little bush that I forgot about, watered on occasion and stepped on a couple of times is now producing yummy blackberries! Now what do I do! :) Blackberry pie, anyone?

4 comments:

Lynn said...

SO PROUD! THey are huge! Ours are suffering from the drought. You may need to loan us some. Bluebell and cobbler....yummy..

jody said...

Blackberries are my favorite! I'll be there this weekend; i expect a pie! love you!

Holly said...

I'm proud of your gardening skills--or maybe the durability of the blueberry vine. I'm sure it's fun to pick your very own blueberries off your very own vine in your very own backyard. Tasty too. What time will pie be served? :)

Giggi said...

Pie & coffee? Yum!